Important Things to Know about Niacinamide
What does niacinamide do to the skin?
When topically applied, niacinamide can help to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, which can help reduce moisture loss and dehydration, and even help reduce the visible effects of environmental damage, so skin appears healthier and more radiant.
What are the benefits of niacinamide?
Niacinamide's versatility is one of its key benefits. Not only is it compatible with other skincare ingredients, but niacinamide is gentle and typically well tolerated—even by those with sensitive skin, which means it can be used on many skin types and for a variety of concerns, including dryness, tightness and flakiness.
Who should use niacinamide?
Formulas with soothing niacinamide can be suitable for most skin types, including those with sensitive and acne-prone skin. Niacinamide is not produced naturally by the body, so in order to gain the benefits of niacinamide, you need to choose skincare products specifically formulated to include niacinamide.
How is niacinamide used?
Niacinamide is found in a variety of skincare products, including cleansers, lotions and creams. Simply use these products as directed. The gentle nature of niacinamide makes it appropriate for formulas that are suitable for sensitive skin.
Can niacinamide be used on the body?
Niacinamide’s far-reaching benefits make it an ideal ingredient to help calm skin on the body.
Explore Our Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO)
- Facts About Dimethicone in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- What Is Glycolic Acid and How Can It Benefit Your Skin? | CeraVe
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Facts About Lactic Acid in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Niacinamide in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Peptides in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Petrolatum in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Pramoxine Hydrochloride
- Facts About Retinol in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Salicylic Acid in Skincare for Clear Skin | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Vitamin C in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Zinc Oxide in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
Stay Informed On All Things Skincare
Sign up to receive information about new products, skincare routines, tips, and special offers.*