Important Things to Know about Vitamin C
Can vitamin C be used on the body?
Skin from head to toe can benefit from the antioxidant properties of vitamin C, which can be found in lotions and creams designed specifically for body use.
Can vitamin C be used with other skincare ingredients?
Formulas with vitamin C can help improve visible signs of sun damage and defend against free radicals in the upper layers of the skin, but it is only one part of a comprehensive skincare regimen.
How does vitamin C work?
Vitamin C plays a number of roles in the skin’s appearance. Not only is it is a potent antioxidant that helps to defend against free radicals, which can lead to dryness, rough surface texture and signs of premature aging in the upper layers of the skin, but it can also help brighten the appearance of uneven skin tone.
How is vitamin C used?
Vitamin C is often found in cleansers, lotions, creams and antioxidant serums, as well as products designed to brighten the skin and improve uneven skin tone. Vitamin C antioxidant serums can be applied in the morning.
Who should use vitamin C?
Vitamin C helps to defend against free radicals in the upper layers of the skin, so it can be a beneficial ingredient in formulas designed for all skin types.
Explore Our Ingredients
- Benzoyl Peroxide (BPO)
- Facts About Dimethicone in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- What Is Glycolic Acid and How Can It Benefit Your Skin? | CeraVe
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA)
- Facts About Lactic Acid in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Niacinamide in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Peptides in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Petrolatum in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Pramoxine Hydrochloride
- Facts About Retinol in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Salicylic Acid in Skincare for Clear Skin | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Vitamin C in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
- Facts About Zinc Oxide in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe Canada
Stay Informed On All Things Skincare
Sign up to receive information about new products, skincare routines, tips, and special offers.*